It is your responsibility to meet the deadline dates for:
- Application for Admission to the College of Education.
- Praxis I tests and group interviews.
- Background check/Fingerprints.
- Block/Clinical Practice Applications.
- Graduation/Licensure Packet.
- PRAXIS: Content and PLT tests.
If these deadlines are not met, I will have to wait until the next available date to apply.
Also understand the following:
- Elementary majors must pass the Praxis ll content test (5031) before taking the Block.
- Secondary majors must pass the Praxis II content prior to student teaching.
- If I am denied admission, education courses completed may not count toward a degree.
- If I am denied admission, it is my responsibility to complete the application for admission or to initiate an appeal through the Education Advisor.
- The COEHD will not recommend me for teacher licensure if there are any “D” grades in my generals, major or minor courses. This includes courses taken for an Associate’s Degree.
- Elementary majors must have MATH 2010 and MATH 2020 (Math for Elementary Teachers) to be eligible for teacher licensure.
- It is my responsibility to speak with my major advisor to verify general education classes necessary for graduation.
- I It is my responsibility to speak with my major and minor advisors to verify classes necessary for graduation and licensure.
- You must read the Professional and Ethical Conduct for Educators and understand the ethical expectations of all educators in Utah and agree to abide by these standards.
- It is your responsibility to provide a letter of explanation if I will be taking more than one semester off from the program. Failure to do so may require re-admission to the college.
- You must read the above requirements and you must understand that failure to complete and follow these procedures may delay your progress in the program.