Students enrolled in the SUU teacher licensure programs are expected to keep their conduct in line with the
following standards (including but not limited to the list below):
Standard I: Personal / Professional Skills
- Adhere to SUU Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- Maintain the dignity of the teaching profession by respecting and obeying laws, and exemplifying honesty and personal integrity.
- Accord just and equitable treatment to all members of the profession and to all individuals associated with the teacher education program.
- Respect individual rights by not interfering with the personal, academic, or professional rights or responsibilities of others.
Do own work on exams and assignments (unless collaborative efforts are specifically
Exercise sound, reasonable judgment and responsible behavior in relating with other people.
- Demonstrate commitment and dedication in preparing to teach.
- Assume personal responsibility for actions and consequences.
Standard II: Interpersonal/Social-Emotional Skills
- Demonstrate respect for the individuality, dignity, culture and values of each person.
- Avoid disparaging remarks and actions toward others.
- Protect others from conditions detrimental to learning, health or safety.
- Accommodate individuals with diverse or exceptional conditions.
- Work compatibly with students, staff, faculty and others.
Standard III: Academic Skills
- Demonstrate commitment to learning, openness to new ideas and methods, tolerance for ambiguity.
- Demonstrate competence in speech and writing.
- Maintain academic standards required for teacher education admission and retention.
- Maintain an overall pattern of exceeding minimal standards for work required in courses.
- Demonstrate ability to apply knowledge and skills in classroom settings.