This tutorial will show you how to install and use the SpeedGrader app for Android devices.
Open the Google Play Store.
Search for SpeedGrader and then tap FREE.
Tap Accept on the following window.
Type in Southern Utah University and then tap the arrow.
Type in your login information and then tap Sign in.
If you are on your own device, select Remember my authorization for this service and then tap Log In.
Swipe through the introduction and then select the checkmark.
You will see a list of your Favorite courses, or the courses that display in the drop-down menu in the browser version of Canvas. To view all courses, 1) tap the switch in the top right corner. The 2) red circles display the number of submissions that need to be graded.
Swipe the screen from the left edge towards the center to display the menu. From here, you can
1) View information about your account
2) Access the Instructure guides for help with using Canvas
3) Submit a help ticket to SUU Online if you experience a problem or issue
4) Toggle anonymous grading on and off
5) Choose to display submissions in alphabetical order or ungraded submissions first
6) Display or un-display the red circles that show how many assignments need to be graded
7) Log out of the app
Tap the colored bar at the top of a course to change the color for the class.
Tap a course to open the assignments in that class.
Tap the assignment you want to grade.
1) Swipe to the right or left to switch between students.
2) Use the tools at the top to zoom in or out and add comments (if the file type supports comments).
Drag the tab on the right side of the screen towards the center to open the Grade and Comment pane.
The Grade Pane
1) On the Grade pane, tap the arrows to open a drop-down menu to switch which of the student's submissions you want to view (if he/she submitted multiple assignments).
2) Tap the box next to the total number of points possible to type in the student's score.
3) If you included a rubric with the assignment, tap the student's score for each of the criteria below. Tap Add Comment to type in a comment for that criteria.
4) Tap Save to save the grade.
The Comments Pane
Type a comment in the textbox and then tap the paper airplane.
Tap the gear in the top right corner to edit the assignment.
Information compiled by SUU Online™ © 2015