The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) empowers students over the age of 18 to manage and protect their educational records. When students enroll in college, they are responsible for their records and must give the University permission to share information with their parents. (There are some exceptions to this rule). If you want your parents to be able to receive information from the University on your behalf, you must file a release with the University Registrar.

To grant permission to your parents, complete the Release of Information Form. You must sign it in the presence of a University Official or have it notarized by a Notary Public. The University Post Office can notarize documents if you decide to have it notarized.

Was this helpful? 1 out of 2 found this helpful

Related Articles:

Have more questions? Let us know