In the event you experience discrimination as a result of your disability, you should write a statement and submit it to Carmen Alldredge within 20 working days of the most recent incident of discrimination. Your statement needs to include the following information:
- Your name and contact information (address, telephone number, email address);
- A description of the alleged discrimination with sufficient detail to inform the investigator of what happened;
- The name and contact information for any witnesses who may have observed the alleged discrimination
- A statement describing your desired resolution or accommodation for the situation;
- Your signature should be on the statement;
By providing a written statement with as much detail as you can provide, Carmen can initiate an investigation into the matter and determine the best course of action to remedy the discrimination. For more information you can review the policy (SUU Policy # 11.11) that guides the grievance process.