To access courses in which you are currently enrolled, log in to your Canvas account and then click the Courses icon on the left menu. Click the name of a course to view the content.
If you do not see your class in the Courses list, the cause could be one of six factors:
- You're looking too soon. Your courses will not show up in the drop-down list until the evening before classes start. Additionally, some courses do not start until the second half of the semester, and so those courses will not show up in Canvas until the day before the class starts.
- Your instructor does not use Canvas. All online courses are on Canvas, but not all face-to-face courses are. Your instructor may have chosen not to use Canvas. Contact your instructor to double check.
- The course is unpublished. Your instructor may not have published the course yet. This step has to be taken before any students can see the course. If you believe that you should see the course but don't, contact your instructor.
- You need to customize your courses list. The courses menu can be customized to show only certain courses. To make sure some of your courses aren't hiding, click the Courses icon in the pane on the left, click All Courses, and make sure all of your current courses have a yellow star to the left of the title. For help customizing your course list, go to Canvas Community Guides.
- You registered fewer than 48 hours ago. The server requires up to two full days to push newly registered students into their courses (including adds and drops). If you still don't see your Canvas course and have checked to make sure the first four factors aren't the problem, contact SUU Online by phone, 435-865-8555 or email, email@example.com.
- The server is having issues. Sometimes the server doesn't push students into their courses automatically like it should, and so we have to manually push them in. If the first five factors aren't what is keeping you from seeing your courses, this is likely the problem. For assistance, contact SUU Online by phone, 435-865-8555 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past EnrollmentsDepending on your instructor, you may have "read-only" access to courses from previous semesters as well. This feature is helpful because some courses can be used as a reference tool for higher level courses within a departmental program/degree. To view concluded courses, click the Courses icon in the pane on the left and click All Courses.
Scroll down to view the Past Enrollments section and click the course to open it.