|Hello there and welcome to Proctorio!|
Proctorio is an automated remote proctoring service that uses computers to monitor student behavior. Sounds complicated? It's not! Proctorio makes it super easy to set up and review exams.
Proctorio is deeply integrated with Canvas and lets you use the same interfaces you know and love. There's no syncing or exporting or anything like that. It's all right here.
Proctorio encourages learning and ensures that all your students are playing by the rules.
Who's rules, you might ask? Yours! Proctorio puts the power back in the hands of the professor, allowing you to create the perfect exam environment.
If you change your mind, that's cool too. Proctorio lets you change settings at any time to highlight just the things that you're interested in within the gradebook.
If you ever have any questions, Proctorio is here to help 24/7. We have hundreds of help articles and are always happy to give a demo. Feel free to reach out!
Ready to get started? Just scroll down and we'll walk you through getting everything set up.
Glad to have you on board!!
Getting Set Up
Installing Google Chrome
When you're ready to take a proctored exam, you will need to use Google Chrome.
Chrome is fast, secure, and works on any computer - best of all is free!
Installing the Proctorio Extension
Proctorio also requires a small app that needs to be added to Chrome. You only need to do this once.
Select this link to install the extension.
Quiz Setup with Proctorio
Now that that's out of the way, let's get to the fun stuff.
Proctorio can be added to any quiz at any time. It can be a new quiz, existing quiz, or even a course shell.
All it takes is a single click to secure your exam!
Click on the following link for detailed instructions on how to enable Proctorio in canvas.
Proctorio is a remote proctoring service that works within your web browser to monitor test takers for suspicious behaviors. Because no stand alone program is needed, using Proctorio is easy and safe.
To access enable Proctorio on a quiz or exam:
1. Select the course you want to work in, and select Settings in the Course Navigation Toolbar.
2. Select the Navigation Tab
3. Enable the Secure Exam Proctor tool by dragging it to the top section, where your active and showing tools are.
4. Select Save when you are finished.
5. Select Secure Exam Proctor on your Course Navigation tab.
If you are on Firefox, you will have to either switch to Google Chrome or install Google Chrome.
6. Once you are in Google Chrome, install the Proctorio Chrome Extension.
7. If you successfully installed the Proctorio Chrome Extension, all three circles should be green.
8. Navigate the quiz or exam you want to enable Proctorio on. Under Quiz Restrictions, you will see a check box next to Enable Proctorio Secure Exam Proctor. Select the box.
Note: You will be required to set a time limit if you enable Proctorio.
9. After selecting the box, You will see "Remote proctor settings can be controlled from the Proctorio Settings tab". Select the Proctorio Settings link to specify what you want Proctorio to do for you.
10. When you are finished, make sure you hit Save!
Congratulations! You have successfully enabled Proctorio on your quiz or exam!
Once that is set up, we can get thigs customized to your exact liking.
Just head to the Proctorio Settings and select the options that best fit your exam environment.
Exam Review with Proctorio
Proctorio analyzes the video in real-time. There's no waiting around for the results. Once your students have taken your proctored exams, the gradebook is available and can be easily accessed, right here in Canvas.
Proctorio can be used to highlight specific events as well. All we need to do is head over to the Proctorio Settings tab within the gradebook and customize the settings just to your liking!
Help and Support
Proctorio loves to make it easy to get instant help and support.
The fastest and easiest way to contact support using "the Shield" icon.
Note: The shield is only present on quiz pages after you install the extension.
If you are still having trouble getting Chrome or the extension installed, please send us an email.
Proctorio also has phone support available, please use:
480-428-0692 or 1-866-948-2039
Please note, these numbers are for faculty only! Specific phone numbers are available in the student guide.
Happy with Proctorio? Say hello
SUU Online Teaching and Learning