When creating your rubrics, you will need to add Essential Learning Outcomes (ELOs) to your course. This tutorial will walk you through how to find them and add them to your outcomes for easier use through the semester.
Navigate to Outcomes
Select Outcomes in Course Navigation.
Each course has required ELOs and some optional. You must import ones required by your area. The image below shows what ELOs are required for each area. The ones marked in Red are Required and the ones marked in Grey are Optional
Note: Click on the image to navigate to the most current PDF.
For example, BIOL 1610 falls under the Life Science area, so there are 2 required ELOs (4.0 and 15.0) and one optional (11.0). So for BIOL 1610, the instructor would import ELOs 4.0 and 15.0, and 11.0 if they want.
To import the ELOs, follow these steps:
- Select the folder labeled Account Standards
- Select the folder labeled Southern Utah University
- Navigate to your desired folder (for the first example, folder 4)
- Select the Outcome (the option with the bullseye icon), not the folder icon
- Select Import at the bottom of your menu
Repeat steps 1-5 for each folder to import.
SUU Online Teaching and Learning