Click on a link below to take you to the corresponding walkthrough.
All links open in new tabs.
- How do I use Conversations as a student?
- How do I find my unread messages in Conversations as a student?
- How do I filter conversations as a student?
- How do I star a conversation as a student?
- How do I send a message to a user in a course in Conversations as a student?
- How do I send a message to all course users in Conversations as a student?
- How do I attach a file to a message as a student?
- How do I privately respond to one individual in a group message as a student?
- How do I forward a message from a conversation as a student?
- How do I add new people to an existing conversation as a student?
For additional tutorials on Conversations, select this link.
Click one of the following links for more information.
This tutorial will show you the two main ways to contact your instructor through Canvas.
Using the Help Feature
Select the Help button in the bottom left corner.
Select Ask Your Instructor a Question.
Choose which course/instructor to whom to send your message and then type your question in the Message box. Next, select Send Message.
Using the Inbox Feature
Select Inbox in the pane on the left.
Select the Compose Message icon in the top middle of the page.
Use the dropdown menu to select the course that the instructor teaches and then type in the instructor’s name or select the People icon to choose the recipient. Then type in a subject.
Type in your message. You can also choose to attach a file or record your message. Then select Send.
SUU Online Teaching & Learning