Click on a link below to take you to the corresponding walkthrough.
All links open in new tabs.
You can upload a video or audio file to submit as an assignment in Canvas. You can also use Canvas to record an audio or video file to submit as an assignment. Before submitting an assignment, you may want to review all assignment information, such as the assignment rubric, if any. You can also submit assignments using your Android or iOS device.
Any attachments added as part of a graded assignment submission are also copied to your user files but are not counted against your user quota. However, once the file has been uploaded as a submission, you cannot delete the file. Files are stored in the Submissions folder.
To learn more about available options for using media files in Canvas, view the Canvas Media Comparison PDF.
- Canvas will not accept media uploads larger than 500 MB.
- Your instructor will decide what type of submissions are allowed. One or both of these options may not be available. You may also have the option to resubmit assignments if your instructor allows./li>
- Not all of your assignments may be submitted online. If you cannot see the Submit Assignment link, your instructor may want you to submit your assignment in a different way, or the availability date has passed. View the description of the assignment for instructions, or contact your instructor for assistance.
For detailed instructions on how to submit a media file as an assignment submission, select this link
- How do I view Assignments as a student?
- How do I view the rubric for my assignment?
- How do I submit a text entry assignment?
- How do I enter a URL as an assignment submission?
- How do I submit a media file as an assignment submission?
- How do I submit an assignment on behalf of a group?
- How do I submit a peer review to an assignment?
- Where can I find my peers' feedback for peer reviewed assignments?
- How do I upload a file from Google Drive as an assignment submission in Canvas?
- How do I view assignment comments from my instructor?
For additional tutorials on Assignments, select this link
SUU Online Teaching & Learning