In order to use Canvas, you have to log in first. Just follow these steps and you'll be using Canvas in no time!
If you are taken back to the login page again after you select Canvas, contact Online Teaching and Learning at 435-865-8555 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot get logged into the MySUU Portal, please contact the IT Help Desk at 435-865-8200.
Access via mySUU Portal
You can log in to Canvas through your mySUU portal. To access your portal, navigate to the SUU Homepage, click on the mySUU Portal link.
Enter your username and password and click the green LOGIN button.Next, click Canvas on the right side of the page, and you will automatically be logged into Canvas.
1. Using the Canvas link in the pane on the left found on the Current Students web page on the SUU website
2. Selecting the Canvas link in the right side panel when logged into mySUU portal
For detailed instructions on how to log into Canvas, select this link.
The login information for Canvas is the same information as your mySUU portal login. Contact the IT Help Desk if you have trouble logging in.
To access courses in which you are currently enrolled, log in to your Canvas account and then select the Courses icon on the left menu. Select the name of a course to view the content.
If you do not see your class in the Courses list, there are a few reasons that could be causing it:
- You're looking too soon. Your courses will not show up in the drop-down list until the day before classes start.
- The course is unpublished. Your instructor may not have published the course yet, which can happen at the beginning of the semester.
- You need to customize your courses list. The courses menu can be customized to show only certain courses. To make sure some of your courses aren't hiding, select the Courses icon in the pane on the left, select All Courses, and make sure all of your current courses have a star to the left of the title. For help customizing your course list in the Canvas app, go to https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1668
- You registered fewer than 24 hours ago. It takes a full day to update in the Canvas system.
- If the above reasons do not apply to your courses and you cannot see your courses still, please contact Online Teaching and Learning for assistance 435-865-8555 or email@example.com.
This feature is helpful because some courses can be used as a reference tool for higher level courses within a departmental program/degree. To view concluded courses, select the Courses icon in the pane on the left and select All Courses.
Scroll to the bottom to view the Past Enrollments section and select the course to open it.
SUU Online Teaching & Learning