All browsers must be configured to work properly with Canvas. Some issues that students encounter, such as login failures or course tools not working properly, can be traced to browser configuration. Your web browser must be configured so that:
- Cache is set to reload the page each time
- Cookies are enabled
- Pop-up blockers are disabled
. Java is a program that allows many of the functions in Canvas to work. You may already have one or more versions of Java on your computer. In Canvas, it is critically important that you:
- have the latest version of Java installed
- remove any other versions of Java
- disable pop-up blockers
The Mac OS X operating system comes with the correct version of Java installed.
It is not recommended to have more than one version of Java on your computer. Select
button, then select Settings
and then select Control Panel
. Open Add or Remove Programs
any previous versions of Java.
- From the Start menu select Settings and then select Control Panel.
- Open Java (or Java plug-in).
- Select the Update tab.
- Make sure to uncheck Check for Updates Automatically
- Select Apply